Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cruise to the Caribbean

New Years Day, Mike and I flew to Miami to join some family and friends on a week long cruise through the Caribbean. Originally, we were planning on bringing Parker with us, but then decided it would be better to leave him at Grandma's house. It was sure hard saying goodbye to him and we missed him a lot, but he had a blast with Grandma and all his aunts, uncles, and cousins. I think he wishes he could live at Grandma's forever. :) Mike and I also had a great time getting to relax and visit different parts of the world.

We first stopped in Grand Cayman where we visited Hell, got to hold sea turtles, and swim/snorkel with sting rays. Mike really enjoyed that last activity, but it kind of creeped me out. They would swim all around you and it was funny to see the reactions of people. One lady jumped on Mike screaming she was so freaked out.

Our next stop was the island Roatan. What a beautiful place! At this stop, we were able to do a zipline canopy tour and then hold monkeys and take a small tour of the island. It was a blast.

In Belize, we took a city tour and stopped to see some ruins. It was incredible to see how these people live and then to see how happy they are despite the extreme poverty they live with. People there were so friendly and were all waving at us as we passed. It really made me appreciate the blessings in my life.
Our last stop was Cozumel, Mexico. We had a fun day at the beach and shopping. It was beautiful water and a perfect day to sit on the beach.
We also had a lot of fun on the ship hanging out, playing games, eating, and chatting. Hopefully we'll get to do this again one day!

7 comments:

Desiree said...

How stinking awesome! Glad you guys got away!

Scott, Kasie, Payton and Emmett said...

I still think it's so funny that we went on the EXACT same cruise just within a week of each other! You guys had way better weather than we did though! So of that I am jealous! We didn't get to stop in Roatan. And in Grand Cayman they cancelled the sting ray swim and all that. I did the stingray swim when I was 16 and it was awesome!!! SO crazy how many of them there are! Glad you guys had a wonderful time!!!!!

Megan said...

ohh erin ! it looks like so much fun! did you do ok with leaving parker? PS so much fun seeing you when i was home :)

andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Looks like fun! I think I need a vacation :)

Cunningham Clan said...

Erin, you sure do have it together. I can't believe you already have this post up! I haven't even attempted downloading the pictures from my camera yet. I'm hoping to have a post up sometime next week...probably won't happen though!
Now that I see your pictures from Stingray City I SO wish we had done that too!

Ashley and Kyle said...

Wow, I am so jealous! I don't think I have ever seen you hold or touch so many weird animals! Glad you had a fun time. Miss you.