I am not disappointed with the ending. I really liked it. Even if I didn't though, I don't think I'd be that upset, because after all, it's just a tv show. But I have been really enjoying reading the blogs and media commentary on the finale and the series as a whole. When I look back I can come up with a few unanswered questions. What was up with Walt? How did the wheel work? What was the point of the time travel? But in reading everything I have, written by people who have devoted way more time than I in deciphering and understanding what was going on, I'm surprised as to just how much wasn't ever resolved.
I read somewhere before the finale that the creators were either ultimately going for a character-driven show or a mythology-driven show. Either the finale would focus on providing us resolution for all the players, or we'd get all the answers to the island mysteries. Obviously we now know which direction they were going, so all (eh, most of) these unanswered questions were inevitable. Like I said, in the end, I appreciate the entertainment of the past six seasons. And hopefully one day when all these cheap-to-produce reality shows die out, studios will be more interested in paying to develop more great scripted series like Lost.
Now cleanse your palette with this:
Meet the sloths from Amphibian Avenger on Vimeo.
3 comments:
Mike, get back to work.
Love you.
Um, I love that video. Forgot about all the questions I had. Thank you Mike for wasting a little bit of your day to provide me with a great post. I am glad you guys loved this show just as much as we did. BTW...it must have been good since Erin stayed up so late to watch it. I could barely ever get her to do that in college until you came along!
I have never watched a single episode of Lost. Loved the palette cleanser! So cute!
Post a Comment