Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Spring Break! (for one of us)

I'm enjoying spring break this week while Erin is still slaving away at school and work for us. She' s putting in close to 30 hours a week now, juggling three classes and an internship. Pretty good for the little sprite. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying time off from school, but still hard at work (though it should be much harder) studying for mid-terms that are fast approaching next week.
I've have been useful though. With the help of the Elders, I put in a few hours of manual labor cleaning up the mess that was our backyard. Before and after pictures are forthcoming, but we ripped out some overgrown plants and ugly white rock and tilled up quite a bit of soil. The plan is to put in some plants or possibly a fruit tree back there. Dull as it all may sound, it's pretty exciting to us, which goes a long way in giving you an idea of what life is like as a law student.
Most important of all, Arizona is in their record 23rd-straight NCAA tournament, pitted against Purdue on Friday. March Madness is the greatest sporting event of the year meaning that if I haven't already been slothful enough, I'll be putting plenty of couch time in this weekend watching four days of college basketball! Life is sweet.

No comments: