
Former franchise player Kevin Martin was traded from the Kings today. I'm very upset about it. Though it's true he wasn't really meshing well with Tyreke since coming back from injury, I still hung to the hope that Westphal would devise something to get the best out of these two. I can see the logic, though. He has a hefty contract (though still a relatively great value when healthy) and he's a bit injury-prone. He also didn't play much defense. However, he was their best trade piece and all they get in return is cap space and Carl Landry, who was probably playing over his head with Houston. Now, the trade is great if they end up using that cap space to land Chris Bosh this summer, but that will also come at the cost of tying up all their money with a guy who will be extremely overpaid after the new CBA. Barring signing a stud low-post defender, rebounder and scorer, the Kings just got too little value for an excellent trade piece. Just like they did with Artest, Bibby and Webber. I want to trust Petrie, especially when he proves me wrong drafting Tyreke over Rubio, pulling Casspi out of a hat, and drafting a no-namer like Martin in the first place, but it's blockbuster trades like these that leave me with a pit in my stomach. And finally, what's the likelihood the Kings will even bring in a guy like Bosh? After all, it's still Sacramento. Moreover (I learned that word in law school), after today there are now 8 teams who can afford a max contract, two of those can afford two. Yet there are probably only three guys who deserve a max deal: Wade, Lebron and probably Bosh. That leaves guys like Joe Johnson and Amare who will probably end up with max money who don't deserve it and really handicap the team that chose to overpay for years to come. Which is exactly the reason the Kings are where they are now; they overpaid on Webber's second deal and the team is still reeling. I really hope the Kings don't sign Joe Johnson.
Here's a funny video:
5 comments:
What? Where are the pictures of Parker?
haha. Can you tell who wrote this post?
I think that this time I'll remember the phrase when we play the fun game again... bring it on!
Don't care about your crappy Kings...WE WANT PARKER!!!!!
Kings blow, no offense but they have lost it. I love the kings of old, the kings with heart, the kings that competed. Nowadays, you couldnt pay me to watch a game or even a quarter. I would rather chew broken glass than be a kings fan!! None the less, i understand and feel your pain as the jazz are in the same boat at the end of the year, probably not signing boozer, not getting any trade out of him, and unfortanetly unlikely to bring in the likes of a Bosh caliber player, once again sending us to a year of mediocrity next season and a first round playoff exit, go utah!!
Post a Comment